Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Area Manager Production is responsible for the safety and quality of production associates, as well as ensuring that employees are following the proper policies and procedures of the production shift. The Area Manager Production will provide direct supervision of Production leads and overall supervision of the Production Dept. This position manages all employees within their perspective shifts and is responsible for the performance management and hiring and development of the employees within that department.
You will ...
- Ensure plans for the production shift are executed and that all supervisors are supporting the execution and communicating any issues.
- Assist in the development of the Production leads
- Escalate any staffing issues to the Production Manager
- Assure maximum productivity, quality and accuracy of shipment to customers. Emphasis in developing labor cost reduction system as well as maximizing efficiency; in other words a focus on low man hour and pick/pack errors.
- Assist Supervisors in any situations that arise requiring additional assistance or approval.
- Coach supervisors in effectively handling hourly associate behavioral issues, and when needed get involved to manage conflict and workplace altercations among employees.
- Along with Production Manager and implement production cost techniques that can be applied in production tasks and assembly
- Monitor record keeping to track production plan, start-times, dismissal times and additional daily activities.
- Establish and work within budget as permitted by Production Manager.
- Use designated technology to assure quality/accuracy of shipped product as well as efficient customer service. Ensure all lines record/scan and monitor all different boxes based on combination and shipping carriers.
- Leader: Provide guidance and direction to the production lines. Hold employees accountable for meeting goals and objectives
- Coach: responsible for employee experience throughout the employee life cycle (hiring, training, developing, promoting, etc.)
- Time Management: tracking/monitoring production
- Technically Savvy: computer literacy
- Results Driven
- Self-Motivated: take initiative to make improvements
At a minimum, you have...
- Associate’s degree or related management work experience.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience in a production environment
- Flexibility to work varying schedules including nights, weekends as needed
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, coffee & catered meals
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company