Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Embedded in the NYC Tech Hub, we are building a cross-functional team of data scientists, analysts and engineers with the mission to bring the modeling and analytical capabilities of our marketing organization to the next level.
As a Senior Manager, Data Engineering with HelloFresh, you will support the analytic needs of our Growth organization for HelloFresh US. You will play a pivotal role in helping us continue to succeed as the leading global meal kit provider. The Senior Manager, Data Engineering will solve challenging problems using customer and business data to build effective data products, and enable complex analysis and data science modeling; core responsibilities include the development and automation of data pipelines.
To succeed in this role you must demonstrate a desire to improve on existing approaches, not be afraid to jump in and get your hands dirty, and most importantly have a passion for data. You should strive to continuously drive improvements on data products and actively lead data engineering strategy to maximize both quality and velocity of our development.
You will …
- Lead a team of data engineers, providing mentorship, coaching, and regular feedback
- Develop and maintain effective data engineering process and procedures, and ensure on-time delivery of solutions without sacrificing sustainability and minimizing technical debt
- Partner with analytical peers and stakeholders to help develop and continuously refine the strategic and tactical roadmap and maintain focus on high impact activities
- Ensure effective documentation, solution design, thorough code review, and a high standard of data quality management
- Play an active role in leading data platforms and infrastructure innovation and strategy.
- Lead by example, and take a hands on approach to data engineering projects; make substantial code contributions, and lead the development of new frameworks and capabilities
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the data infrastructure at HelloFresh, working closely with other Data teams (analysts and data scientists) in order to drive value from our wealth of data.
- Collaborative: you can work hand in hand with stakeholders, data scientists, engineers, and other data professionals to realize the full value of data products.
- Sense of ownership: you take responsibility for your projects and pride in your work.
- Strategic & critical thinking: you get the smaller and the bigger picture.
At a minimum, you have...
- A MS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent software engineering experience.
- At least seven years of professional experience in Data Engineering. Past experience in Marketing Analytics is a plus. Experience with data science is a plus.
- At least four years experience leading a team of data engineers delivering solutions/products related to data infrastructure at scale.
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL. Proficient in Spark and distributed databases. Experience with Databricks or Hive tables a plus
- Experience in implementing best practices for data engineering, such as source control repositories, automated code deployments, data quality frameworks, etc.
- Experience developing ETL and creating pipelines for large datasets. Event streaming experience is a plus.
- Experience utilizing cloud infrastructure (AWS, Databricks/Delta Lake preferred)
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.