Role: Associate Director, Copy
Reports to: Creative Director
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
HelloFresh is in search of an Associate Director of Copy to join our internal Brand Creative team. The ideal candidate will partner with the Creative Director, and Associate Director, Design, to help lead and grow our New-York-based Brand Creative Team, while helping to bring our brands to life across every aspect of the business—setting the brand tone across our channels, to executing performance-based assets, to evolving our brand guidelines and voice. You see the big picture, but also believe that great brands come down to execution and the details.
The ideal candidate has experience building and scaling transformative brand voices in a complex, nuanced, and evolving media environment, as well as conceptualizing, writing, and producing brand campaigns. In addition, you’ll lead a team of writers and content strategists, fostering their professional development while also creating the ideal conditions for them to do great work. This role is equal parts people manager and creative.
You will ...
- Partner with Associate Director, Design to develop ideas / concepts, and actively supervise all open + anticipated creative deliverables
- Build and implement distinct Brand Voice approach for all brands (HelloFresh, EveryPlate, Green Chef, Factor, and Good Chop)
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure projects are moving according to timelines, and all necessary assets are in place
- Grow, mentor, and inspire a team that includes multiple writers and a content strategist
- Manage the daily work moving through the copy team—including balancing project assignments for both freelance and full-time writers—while also being hands-on and contributing to team outputs
- Drive performance marketing assets and channels to the next level through collaboration with growth marketing leads and stakeholders
- Define the upper-funnel messaging approach across brands, from multichannel content marketing to TVC campaigns
- Guide project briefing and scoping to ensure a balance of results and great creative work
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the copy team, including file management and onboarding processes
- Foster an environment that encourages intelligent risk taking, innovation, and creativity
- Assume a senior leadership role on the brand team
- Someone who takes a human-first approach and is highly collaborative
- Driven by creative excellence and a desire for improvement—if something is broken, you’re the first to roll up your sleeves and try to fix it
- Committed to thoughtful feedback and teaching your craft, with a willingness to jump in and do the work yourself too
- Highly organized with leadership-level communication, and a thorough understanding of project management and process
- Familiar with entrepreneurial and tech-driven creative environments
- Highly conceptual and have experience in ideating strategic creative concepts. You’re not just a writer, but a big-picture creative thinker with expertise in content marketing.
- A culture fit; someone who interacts with positivity, professionalism, passion, emotional intelligence, and empathy
At a minimum, you have…
- A background in communications, creative writing, journalism, or similar experience.
- Relevant experience with high-growth tech and/or lifestyle brands
- Work on food and beverage is a major plus
- 7+ years’ experience at a creative/branding agency or in-house creative team
- 3+ years’ experience in a creative leadership role
- Experience in content strategy is a plus
- A portfolio with relevant work
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company