Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As a Controls Systems Technician, you will work with the maintenance team to maintain and repair conveyance, automation and facilities equipment to support operations uptime and improve reliability of our systems. This role is the resident expert in controls, PLCs, communication protocols, and automation.
● Maintain compliance with all safety, food safety, and security standards.
● Perform preventive maintenance and routine inspections on assigned automation, robotics and control panels.
● Perform troubleshooting of assigned out of service equipment and correct issues, act as an escalation point for lower level technicians, and escalate to leadership and/or vendors as needed for additional troubleshooting.
● Document all work in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and ticketing systems as appropriate.
● Mentor all maintenance personnel in developing appropriate skill sets and knowledge of equipment specializing in automation, controls and robotics.
● Lead root cause analysis of major downtime events.
● Act as a network resource for technical issues and lead network-wide root cause analysis.
● Develop maintenance personnel knowledge on intermediate to advanced automation, controls and robotics.
● Partner with engineering on commissioning of new controls systems.
● Audit vendor work to provide feedback to leadership on quality of work and SLA performance.
● Write and/or modify PMs to standardize across the network and increase effectiveness.
● Perform building project work as assigned.
● At least 4 years of experience with conveyor, automation, robotics, PLC troubleshooting/programming, communications protocols (Profi, DeviceNet, Ethernet TCP/IP etc.).
● Advanced understanding of PLCs and automated processes.
● Advanced computer skills.
● Ability to read and understand drawings, schematics and diagrams.
● In depth experience working with PLCs, HMIs, VFDs etc. to include programming, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance.
● Ability to travel as necessary (up to 10%) for business purposes.
● High School diploma or equivalent.
● Excellent follow through, judgment, and common sense. "Make it happen" attitude.
● Associates degree in electronic technology or equivalent preferred.
• Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vest immediately upon participation
• Generous parental leave of 4 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
• $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
• Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
• Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
• Emergency child and adult care services
• Snacks & monthly catered lunches
• Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.