Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As the Senior Manager of Food Safety & Quality, you will deliver strategic food safety & product quality leadership across the HelloFresh network. With the support of other food safety & quality leaders, you will work closely with HelloFresh sites and work toward continuous improvement of quality programs & systems.
You will ...
- Ensure food safety compliance with local, city, state and federal requirements at up to 4 assigned sites
- Oversee SQF(Safe Quality Food) systems at assigned sites and provide support as a secondary SQF practitioner when necessary
- Maintain Organic and Gluten-Free programs, certifications and support distribution centers during audits
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Manages the food safety and quality departments to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize compliance, product reliability and minimize costs.
- Perform internal audits and create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within the company.
- Oversee and develop sauce programs to ensure compliance. Perform analytics and report metrics/trends to key stakeholders
- Oversee produce processing (i.e., slicing, dicing, chopping, etc.) projects to ensure compliance
- Maintain an active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement food safety training programs.
- Interact with vendors and procurement to ensure food safety of all purchased parts.
- Assisting the management team in providing QA & Food Safety support when site managers are absent
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training and corrective direction
- Trusted Partner & Adviser: you're able to cultivate collaborative partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support
- Bold: you are a true entrepreneurial spirit and not afraid to take calculated risks to disrupt the status quo; you're a visionary leader that listens to your team and values their ideas
- Strategic: you’re a critical thinker who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: you understand the importance of customer experience and are able to achieve excellence in delivering the planned customer outcomes with the highest level of customer care and customer satisfaction
- Results-oriented: recognizes and resolves situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in Food Science, Microbiology, Supply Chain, or related; at minimum, high school diploma with no less than 6 years’ relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in Food Safety, Quality, Supply Chain, or Food Manufacturing
- Well-versed in quality systems, food safety regulations, HACCP, SQF, GMPs
- Quality or Ingredient Certifications a plus (ASQ, SQF, AIB etc.)
- Efficient Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point), Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.), and Tableau capabilities
Schedule: Monday-Friday (working weekends and holidays may be required) up to 50% travel