Senior Manager, Last Mile Logistics Launch Operations
Location: Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; Dallas, TX
The Logistics Launch Operations Senior Manager will support the launch of product transportation sites in cities across the United States. This will include responsibility for all preparatory activities prior to the start of operations in a new metro area, such as setting up the physical space and equipment in time for launch day, training new employees in standard operating procedures, and supporting the startup phase from launch through to full scale operations. This position requires travel to support operations, to support the evolving needs of the business.
- Ensure procurement of materials on site, corresponding with agreed upon cost and timeline criteria
- Oversee operations during execution and up to 1 month post-launch, focusing on building skills and training on processes for hub staff
- Provide leadership support for all shifts on an as-needed basis for up to 2-4 weeks during launch operations, focusing on the training of warehouse supervisors and associates responsible for receiving and sorting inventory
- Use HelloFresh tech and systems to oversee overall launch and scaling strategy, and train supervisors, associates, and drivers
- Directly manage 3 launch managers while they simultaneously launch other markets
- Standardize and automate processes, and create best practices for market launches and scaling operations
- Partner with HelloFresh Logistics and other internal teams in meeting goals
- Continuously improve (and implement new) processes in the hub, working with all parts of the organization to operate a lean facility
- In between launches, support hubs in other cities - including gaps in coverage on all shifts, process improvements, and onboarding and training new team members
- Able to engage staff and bring out the best performance in a team
- Take ownership and quickly make decisions
- Data-driven – make decisions based on facts rather than gut-feelings.
- Experienced working with diverse opinions.
- Dedicated to providing the best possible experience for the HelloFresh customer
- Strategic minded
- 7+ years' experience managing operations for fulfillment, supply chain, logistics, or transportation companies
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience and prior management in production, shipping, receiving
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing people and project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions)
- Great compensation package & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (and other product initiatives)
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, because they are a protected veteran, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law.