At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Due to growth, HelloFresh is looking to add a Multi-Site Safety Manager for the West Coast. As a Multi-Site Safety Manager, you will join forces with the Senior Manager of Safety and our last mile team to head up workplace safety initiatives for our last mile and logistics operations! You will develop and manage programs and teams in the trenches to promote HelloFresh’s vision, inspire change, raise the bar on asset protection, and champion a safe and secure environment. You will report to the Senior Manager of Safety.
- Engage other HelloFresh last mile business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for HelloFresh customers.
- Ensure OSHA compliance within the region including but not limited to: Fleet Safety; New Hire safety training and ongoing safety training; Distractive driving; Dock Safety; all necessary recordkeeping and reporting including OSHA 300 Logs
- Provide technical knowledge in the development of EHS controls, programs, and general workplace hazard control strategies.
- Oversees emergency response activities and manages the regions emergency response team
- Lead a team of front-line safety team members at various (up to 10) locations
- Assist management team during post-accident root cause analysis
- Act as the management team’s subject matter expert for safety and security questions
- Assist with any OSHA inspections, visits including recordkeeping and OSHA investigations
- Chair our Safety Committee and lead our committee in improving building conditions & work practices
- Collect, analyze and use data to identify safety or injury trends and develop corrective actions
- Ensure contractors and visitors follow HelloFresh safety policies during their time on-site
- Conduct a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) of all routine and non-routine tasks performed on-site
- Promote safer fleet operations through training, observation and coaching operators
- Develop training materials including toolbox talks, safety standards and safety engagement materials
- Assist with inventory shrinkage and other deliberate damage/product theft investigations as needed
- Support other departments including quality, food safety, production and logistics as needed
- Use continuous improvement principles to identify ways to improve our processes and results
- Oversees emergency response activities and manages site’s emergency response team
- Partner: you effectively listen, build rapport and communicate at all levels; you’re confident sharing ideas and are a trusted advisor for workplace safety
- Results-driven: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency.
- Programmatic: able to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it and completing the task.
- Inspirational: you know how to make an impact and deliver presentations that inspire and influence change
- Versatile: you roll with the punches and don’t get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues and have a knack for driving results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- 5+ years occupational safety experience with knowledge of manufacturing/industrial EHS
- Four-year degree in business, safety or another related field
- CSP, GSP or ASP through the Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Expertise in OSHA compliance, especially with powered industrial trucks and lockout/tagout
- Superior communication and presentation skills with ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)