At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As the Associate Director, Operational Excellence, you will drive OpEx capability development programs for the company and partner with functional leaders to define and execute improvement initiatives across the entire HelloFresh US operations. This individual will coordinate with local Distribution Center and Central teams to drive improved performance in Quality, Service, and Efficiency. In addition to general knowledge of Operational Excellence techniques, the Director, Operational Excellence should also have subject matter expertise in one or more specific areas of operations.
The Associate Director, Operational Excellence identifies key opportunities and gaps in the core business processes; aligns resources to these priorities; ensures appropriate charters and quality improvement methodologies, tools and techniques are being leveraged to drive improvements; and continues to be an advocate for future operational improvements by partnering with and challenging the business and leadership in system thinking and new ideas.
● Responsible for development and implementation of HF Operations Strategic projects including Continuous Improvement, Change Management, cost optimization, and Operational Excellence Training.
● Lead large scale and complex improvement projects within operations or across facilities and effectively coordinate these programs with the project teams.
● Assure that practices promoting continuous improvement are adopted by the organization to drive improvements in morale, quality, delivery and cost.
● Project leadership includes: identifying opportunities; defining and financially justifying projects; negotiating resources; launching project teams; using good project management to manage team activities; training and coaching of Lean resources assigned to the team; leading teams to execute projects with problem solving methodology; tracking project status and results; anticipating and removing project barriers; and developing team members.
● Ensure projects are integrated and aligned with other business activities, improvement projects and business strategy and coordinated with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals (whenever possible).
● Communicate best practices and key learning's across the organization.
● Support the company’s commitment to employee engagement, critical thinking and innovation
● Develop a self-sustaining program by identifying and engaging high potential employees to lead continuous improvement efforts
● Utilizes continuous improvement tools and methodology to conduct root cause analysis
● Leads risk identification and risk mitigating planning
● You lead change management planning and execution for projects. Ensures effective,
accurate, and timely communication of project information to meet the needs of
● Utilizes negotiation, facilitation, meeting management, and conflict resolution skills to
enhance cross-functional team performance.
● Facilitates project post-mortems with all key partners and identify key areas for
● Manage small team of direct reports. Influence large team of indirect reports.
● Ability to travel up to 75% of time.
● May perform other duties as assigned.
● Leadership: train and develop a small to medium sized group of employees
● Time Management
● Respectful Coaching Techniques
● Performance Management of team members
● Detail Oriented and Results Driven
● Conflict Resolution
● Cross functional collaboration
● Selection and Interviewing skills
Required Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree or related management work experience.
● At least 6 years of work experience in a production environment
● Six Sigma / Lean
Preferred Education and Experience
● Master’s degree.
● At least 10 years of work experience in a production environment, specifically targeted
towards Continuous Improvement related work