Role: Area Manager II
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world, and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services, and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
You will ...
- Be responsible for directing and supervising a group of employees involved in warehouse operations procedures concerning receiving, shipping, storage/distributing goods, and logistics.
- Plan and assign work to subordinates, establishing goals, and holding the team accountable for achieving.
- Develop and adapt inspection equipment to meet quality control standards and make suggestions regarding procedures, standards, and equipment to facilitate work and maintain product quality.
- Analyze the facts or circumstances surrounding individual problems to determine what action should be taken within the limits of standard practices.
- Responsible for compilation and maintenance of inspection reports and records.
- Investigate and determine the cause of faulty work and consult and advise other departments as to corrective measures.
- Provide all employees with the necessary tools, proper training, and corrective direction.
- Regularly required to communicate with other departments such as Quality or Production, to collaborate and solve problems.
- Maintain discipline, morale, and harmonious relations among subordinates.
- Investigate and adjust personnel problems within the area of responsibility.
- Effectively recommend hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, and terminations.
- Respectfully support and follow direction from management and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies, PIT)
- Responsible for upkeep of equipment, including reporting defective equipment to management
- Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer and type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Utilization of work order system (FMX) to communicate the building’s needs to the facilities team.
- A leader: train and develop a large group of employees, ongoing process improvement
- Performance Manager: for assigned responsibility, hiring, promotions, and performance reviews
- A Problem Solver: professional, confidential
- Results Driven and detail-oriented
- Effective communicator: speak to employees with tact and diplomacy
- Great time manager: tracking/monitoring production and maintaining productivity
- Technically Capable: Product quality, food safety, computer literacy to input information into the computer
- A continuous learner: able to take direction and relay information to employees
At a minimum, you have...
- PIT Certification or willing and able to become PIT Certified.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience required.
- Preferred warehouse experience supervisor
- Preferred minimum of 3 years of experience in a warehouse
- HS diploma or GED required
- Two-year degree preferred or equivalent work-related experience.
- Intermediate computer skills requirement – data analysis/creation, Microsoft office, and Google Sheets, Email
- Preferred food safety certifications SQF, BRC, HACCP
- Expected to obtain certification as a power material handling equipment operator successfully.
- Comfortable in enclosed spaces (dock trailers).
- Ability to utilize vision, speech, and hearing and stand and walk to use multiple forms of PIT.
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, coffee & catered meals
- Company-sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company