Get cooking with HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Associate Director, Logistics (Central) Job Description:
The Associate Director will manage launches and lead the operations of multiple logistics hubs throughout major metro areas in the Central US. You will refine and improve processes for receiving and sorting of packages, set up and optimize overall material flow in the building, manage hub staff and third party providers of drivers and vehicles, and ensure delivery of customer packages departing from the hub. Responsibilities will also include enforcing the highest safety standards and meeting agreed KPIs and budget for the operation. You will contribute to the strategic vision of HelloFresh Logistics to improve delivery experience for all customers. You will be asked to travel up to 50% within the United States.
- Set and achieve clear operational goals for safety, cost, quality, delivery standards, and other agreed KPIs
- Report to Senior Director, Logistics and work with senior leadership on departmental plans and growing the hub operations.
- Create a safety culture and ensure safe operations inside facilities and over the road
- Contribute to the strategic vision and longer term operation of logistics at HelloFresh
- Ensure the security of all HelloFresh assets (hub facilities, vehicles, inventory)
- Diagnose areas for improvement across our network; use analytics and develop interventions that create tangible impact to increase efficiency and budget.
- Use HelloFresh tech and systems to manage operations and routes
- Partner with HelloFresh Logistics and other teams, working cross functionally to meet goals
- Support growth and scaling hub operations through hiring associates and managing relationships with driver staffing agencies that provides 20-30 contract drivers per area
- Develop dynamic hub management leaders as you scale to additional cities
- Action issues in the field in resolving operational problems
- Build an inclusive workplace culture and relationships with all staff, delivering on retention goals
- Excited by a new, quick setting and willing to build the operation to make it successful
- Inclusive - able to engage staff and bring out the best performance in a team
- Data-driven – make decisions based on facts rather than gut-feelings
- Experienced in leading teams and encouraging collaborations at all levels and department
- A seeker of knowledge to understand how things work, why they work the way they do and question things to continuously learn
- An identifier of problems to identify opportunities, evaluate alternatives and find solutions
- A strong written and verbal communicator to set direction, convey updates on issues, operational status and goals during daily/weekly stand-ups and leadership reviews
- Impeccable detail and project management
- Dedicated to providing the best possible experience for the HelloFresh customer
- 7+ years' experience managing operations for fulfillment, supply chain, logistics, or transportation companies
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the United States
- Ability to motivate and manage a team and successful track record hiring and developing talent
- Willing and available to work weekends and/or night shifts when needed, subject to needs of the business
- This position's essential functions demand the performance of the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Prolonged periods working at a desk and on a computer
- Read information on a computer screen and inputting data into a computer system
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!