Come see what's cookin' at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we're growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, motivated, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can excel as a result.
As Planning and Materials Manager, you will lead HelloFresh's planning and material management capabilities for our distribution center. You will control and refine the flow of raw ingredients into production of finished goods including inventory control, production sequencing, demand planning, and forecasting capacity needs/shifts. You will also manage continuous improvement of inventory and non-inventory management, planning processes, label/media printing, and help remove barriers for nonexempt and exempt direct reports, Planning team, Materials/Cycle Counting, Automation and Labeling. You will demonstrate mastery of the distribution center Inventory Management and Planning best practices. You will report to the Associate Director, Fulfillment Planning.
You will ...
- Be the primary contact between procurement, customer care, and responsible for all escalation issues related to inventory, materials management, and planning.
- Create daily production plan.
- Create strategic planning and forecasting for production.
- Determine daily and weekly operational goals for the distribution center.
- Verify real-time accuracy of plan and data on production dashboards.
- Perform reconciliation and adjustment to work-in-process inventory.
- Work with other departments on inventory and planning matters.
- Maintain an accurate daily inventory position and execution of inventory practices.
- Perform data analysis to analyze performance and improve processes..
- Allocate labor hours and manage labor plan for department including scheduling for all employees of the department, such as inventory counters and label printers.
- Provide support to Associate Managers to eliminate barriers and encourage success. Provide coverage during off days for the Associate Managers of Materials/Planning
- Manage production schedules, current inventory, customer orders, and forecasts.
- Guide communication between the distribution center and procurement to ensure accurate and timely delivery of material for production.
- A Leader: You provide guidance and direction to cross-functional teams
- A Developer: You manage employee experience throughout the employee life cycle (hiring, training, developing, and promoting)
- A Communicator: You write reports and standard operating procedures.
- Technical - You present information to all levels of management and respond to questions from managers, associates and vendors.
- Analytic: You deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Timely - You monitor supply planning and inventory in a timely fashion
- Respectful- you provide feedback to support team members in a respectful way
- Enterprising: you proactively make improvements where possible
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Business or other applicable field of study or at least 5+ years experience in materials and planning management for production and/or manufacturing environments required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be proficient in computer hardware and software. Advanced skills in Microsoft, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required. Experience with Google Sheets and Suite preferred. Some scripting experience desired but not required
- Must be available to work 4 weekdays and 1 weekend day. Tues-Sat or Sun-Thursday
- Great compensation package and 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks and PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (and other product programs)
- Snacks, coffee and catered meals
- Company sponsored outings and Employee Resource Groups