At HelloFresh, data is an important strategic asset. We manage its “Data-As-An-Asset” and maximize the value from data. Our Data Governance Program focuses on enabling data stewardship, improving the quality of our data assets, increasing data security and protection, simplifying data integration and establishing a better audit trail on data usage at HelloFresh.
The main purpose of the role is to assist in the development and operationalization of Data Governance policies and procedures and also serve as the Product Owner for HelloFresh’s Catalog and Data Governance Platform. This role will involve working closely with business users both to understand their data needs and support them through the delivery of new capabilities, workflows and features through HelloFresh’s Data Governance platform.
What you’ll do
- Support in the design and implementation of the HelloFresh Data Governance & Compliance Framework
- Manage the strategic governance initiatives targeting the respective data maturity levels and governance focus areas
- Facilitate business audits, understand the strategic objectives and translate those to pragmatic actionable data initiatives
- Streamline & standardize how the data is collected, shared, used, protected, stored and backed-up through creating/writing policies, standards and best practices
- Guide our understanding what the current state of data is & uncover underlying data quality issues
- Develop and expand the governance program metrics and monitor governance adoption rates to ensure compliance to data governance regulations & procedures
- Facilitate clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal data assets
- Manage consistency of data elements data acquisition Metadata and Data Quality issues that will help Business Functions utilize data assets to full capacity and ensure that all available data is fit for purpose
- Develop & maintain inventory of the HelloFresh data-lineage, system maps, including authoritative systems, owners
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Business Finance Engineering or Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience - A Masters degree is preferred but not required
- Experience in Data Quality concepts best practices, Data Stewardship and or Data Management preferred.
- Experience with data management tools and applications including process mapping and lineage toolsets like Informatica Data Catalog, Collibra etc.
- Experience with data governance tools preferred (technical and business metadata, data quality, data profiling, and data lineage)
- Quick turnaround is essential in an adaptive Agile environment
- Excellent oral written communication prefer experience in facilitation and presentation skills, which bring clarity and precision to help management understand and visualize complex material to support organizational decision making
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex data governance issues policies regulatory requirements and industry information affecting the business environment
- Ability to apply and coach the principles of operational excellence development of problem statements and action plans as well as value stream mapping project planning and systematic problem solving
- Excellent relationship management and consulting skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders mobilize and motivate teams set direction and approach resolve conflict deliver tough messages with grace execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Exposure to multiple business units to understand the linkages and dependencies Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tool
- Experience with GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA or other protection regulations.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.