Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As a Senior Data Scientist at HelloFresh, you will support the acquisition and retention strategy of one of the fastest-growing e-commerce businesses in the US. Data-driven decision making is at the core of our company culture and you will have a fundamental part in shaping our success extracting insights from terabyte-scale databases.
Embedded in the NYC Tech Hub, we are building a cross-functional team of data scientists, analysts, and engineers with the mission to bring the experimentation capabilities of our organization to the next level.
You will ...
- Lead the relationship with key stakeholders on the Growth Marketing, Finance and Operations teams.
- Design and Maintain Statistical and Machine Learning Models in order to drive strategic guidance on budget allocation, forecasting and capacity planning.
- Formalize hypotheses about how forecasts are expected to evolve, identify any outliers, develop methods to deal with outliers
- Derive key insights and influence stakeholders on strategy and planning
- Develop scalable solutions for forecasting and work closely with Data Engineering to put them into practice.
- Explore and analyse data sources and processes to identify opportunities to improve our forecasting practices.
You are ...
- Results-oriented, and you love transforming data into meaningful outcomes
- An active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Marketers, Finance and Operations Specialists
- Able to develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s data infrastructure and internal processes, and act as a thought leader for state of the art forecasting methods and industry best practices.
At a minimum, you have ...
- Phd / MSc in a scientific discipline with a strong focus on experimentation and causal inference (e.g., Econometrics, Epidemiology / Biostatistics, Neuroscience, Statistics, Political Science, Psychology, Physics)
- 5+ years’ experience building Statistical Forecasting Models
- Ability to perform data analysis in Python (required); proficiency using SQL (required).
- Strong mathematical and statistical understanding of models for time series analysis and forecasting (ARIMA, LSTM, Prophet...) / econometric models.
- Solid grasp of advanced statistical concepts (e.g., Bayesian statistics; multilevel and generalized linear models; bootstrapping).
- Understanding of data visualization best practices, proficient with BI Platforms (Tableau preferred).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, proven track record of driving decisions in ambiguous environments.
- Ability to communicate complex analyses to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives